Saturday, October 24, 2015

Training Plan - Phase 1

So far I've been sticking to my own sort of training plan. I don't have a fixed one as of now, but I'm getting in the miles and mainly on the trails (aka lots of hills!). I went for an 8 mile run yesterday on the Burke-Gilman trail (a lovely bike path that snakes along Lake Washington). It's especially lovely because it's flat! yay : ) I felt like I was flying down the trail. It was reassuring more than anything to see that I can run a semi-decent pace still and that the hill running is indeed beneficial. 

Today I went for an 8 mile trail run in Bridle State Park. The good thing about this park is that the trails are 100% runnable with a hill here and there. Nice and soft on the feet. 

Fall is really setting in now. It's taking me longer and longer to warm up but I love it all the same. I have found that on chilly days like today, the best post-run meal/snack is a cup full of diced apples, cinnamon/salt, an oat cookie crumbled and hot water...sounds strange but it's so wonderful! oh and a spoonful of almond butter swirled in there too : )


No comments:

Post a Comment