Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Training phase 2

So I know it's been quite some time since my last post. School has kept me so busy that I barely have time to look up and see that Spring has definitely arrived. I was dreading the winter here in Seattle, but to be honest, it wasn't so bad. I was able to keep up with my running even if it was pouring rain outside since it never really got below 35-40 degrees (unlike in Michigan where the snow and subzero temperatures could definitely put a damper on your training plan!).

For the past couple months, I have been running fairly consistently keeping a base. My normal run would be around 6-7 miles and maybe a long run of 9 or 10. But I've been battling a few illnesses so I have to lay off more often than I would have liked.


I think I am ready for the next phase though! I need to start increasing my weekly mileage and my long runs. I had a therapeutic run today through the forest. The trees were covered in a thick, green moss, buds sprouting from the surround shrubs, and the flowers giving off the most wonderful scents. I rediscovered my love for running again this morning. I realized that I had just been running to get in miles this past winter and not running for the joy of it. Hopefully this weekend I can get myself to a beautiful mountain trail again. I find that variety in running routes can be extremely beneficial and exciting!



No comments:

Post a Comment